Power washing and pressure washing are generally interchangeable terms because of the basic mechanism. However, the main difference is that, power washing uses a mechanism of heat whereas pressure washing does not. Power washers use heated water with pressure to clean the surfaces while on the other hand pressure washers use pressurized stream of water to get rid of dirt, molds, algae or any sticky substance.
A power washing machine uses higher pressure just as used on the pressure washer. The pressure can range between 1500 to 4000 PSI in a power washer or pressure wash. Commonly, it is observed that it is more affected to use hot water as compare to cod water to clean away different things.
Because heated water can stop the growth of bacteria, mosses and weed. Do you know power wash is used commercially to clean larger areas. There are also some disadvantages associated with the use of power washers, this is why you need to know about these two types of washing devices to know which one can work.
Power wash can damage the surfaces because of the high heat that’s why power wash is typically used to clean concrete and cemented surfaces.
As stated before pressure washer use pressurized stream of water to clean the surface but it is not as powerful as power wash because it uses heated water. The pressure washers also has pressure of 500 to 350 PS.
Pressure wash is mainly use to clean motor bikes, cares carpets etc. Pressure washers are available in different types and sizes, there are also two main types of pressure washing that are gas pressure washers and electric pressure washers.
Electric pressure washers are typically use for domestic purposes because of its smaller size and it also takes less amount energy. Pressure washers are more versatile as compare to power washers because it comes in nozzles of different sizes and different pressure ranges. It is also believed that pressure washers can clean any surface without damaging them. It is being used to clean residential items. Pressure washers are easy to use, anyone can use it easily. Pressure washers can cause damage if not used properly especially when used at high PSI.
Which one works better pressure washing vs power washing?
To find out which one is better for you, you need to know for which reasons you want washing. Commercially where heavy duty cleaning is required power washers are being used especially where we have to get rid of stubborn dirt grease, algal growth mildews and molds. Know more about the difference between pressure washing and power washing.
High heat with right amount of pressure provides deep cleaning and saves a lot time and effort as compared to pressure washing. But for residential properties power washers are not suitable so these washers are not recommended to use inside home. Hence, pressures washers are normally used for domestic cleaning and such washers are also available in different range of PSI.
So, if anyone wants to find which is best for them, he/she will need to know the type of surfaces which needs to be cleaned. For cleaning cars, garages, indoor house surfaces, windows even washroom tiles, pressure washers can be used to get rid of dirt or any unwanted substance.
Safety tips for power and pressure washing
There are many things to keep in mind but here are few of them
- Before using any machinery it’s important to read the user manual first.
- Always wear proper protective clothing to avoid dirt going into your eyes.
- Power washers use to come in different nozzle sizes so you need to read which one is best suitable for the specified cleaning purpose.
- It is most important to prepare the surrounding area before cleaning anything, you need to cover the electric plugging and remove furniture to avoid damage.
- Always use gas models in well ventilated outdoor places because gas models of pressure washers produce carbon monoxide which is fatal and it also causes death.
- Release the pressure of the washer before using it in any place. Always uncouple it or changing the pressure, for this purpose turn off the water first.
- Winterize the washer when not in use in the cold season otherwise the washer may become useless.